Green Building Construction and LEED
We at Trilite Stone Company are committed to supply green building materials that can be used in the construction of high-performance green homes, including affordable housing. It is our intention to build materials that can apply to The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System that was developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
Currently there are no formal certifications or criteria specific to manufactured stone or faux stone products. However, in accordance with environmentally responsible practices specified by the USGBC, our products comply with many elements of the LEED Building rating system. Specifically, we believe that:
- A significant portion of our product is of recycled content.
- Our product uses a resource efficient manufacturing process that is environmentally friendly, requires minimum energy consumption and produces minimal environmental waste.
- Packaging for our products is recyclable or biodegradable.
- Raw materials for the manufacturing process are locally available as defined by the USGBC.
- Our product can be reused or recycled at the end of the application life cycle.
- Our product can be installed using zero or low-VOC materials.
- Our product is non-toxic.
- Our product can be cleaned with low emission cleaning products.
- Our product resists moisture or inhibits the growth of biological contaminants in buildings.
- Our product is affordable per guidelines set by the USGBC, as the total material and installation costs are far less than natural stone.
- Our product is durable, as the life expectancy of our product will exceed other typical products used in building or remodeling.
More information on Green Building Materials and Processes.U.S Green Building Council
National Resources Defense Council
Energy Star Product Rating
Green 3D Home
Articles on Green Building and Remodeling.Going Green With Your Next Remodeling Project